Thursday, March 25, 2010

THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO GIVE

It's really quite simple
It's all laid out in front of you
You can take your pick
but with all that comes along too
There'd be a pinch of discipline in all the fun you'd find
You're bound to run into some somewhere down the line
Somewhere down the line
I'd really like it too without all the consequences
I'd really like it but you can take only what you get
I can see your pain, I can feel your pain
But I've got my own disappointments to deal with
before I can tend to yours
You can see this smile on my face because I'm in control
Just a little more weight to bear and I'll lose it all
Theres nothing behind it all, nothing that you dont know
Nothing you've never seen before

I take pride in fending for myself
I think it is my greatest strength
I believe in real love
Don't pity me
I'm not very fond of courtesy
You either care or you dont
You wouldn't be disappointing if you don't
Paying lifes dues isn't something I would endorse
Get in line or get out of the way
I like the truth straight up, undistorted and in the face
I'm no stranger to your thoughts
I know just how you feel
But what would I do
There's really nothing I can do
If I save your skin all the time when will I save mine

You can see this smile on my face because I'm in control
Just a little more weight to bear and I'll lose it all
Theres nothing behind it all, nothing that you dont know
Nothing you've never seen before

We are all up against the same thing
I'm as afflicted as you are
Thats all I have to give...

No comments:

Post a Comment