Thursday, March 25, 2010

AROUND HERE

Life is tough, life ain't fair, life ain't just, life ain't easy
Between you and me, we can show that we ain't gonna please it
Take my hand, lets walk hand in hand
Together we can afford to tease it
You won't lose much if you reach out and touch
On yourself, you would only ease it
But around here, things get tougher
Around here, it gets a lot rougher
Around here, too many people
can't afford to have another's concern
Neither do they make it easy on any body else

If you're in, be my saving grace, if you're out stay out of my face
I don't mind if you're willing to be kind
On your motive,no contract's been signed
If you abstain, I'll understand, I'd like to know who's going to stand
By my side so that when I need some assistance they will heed

Around here, most people are making courtesy calls
Around here, what people need is intention overhauls
Around here, I'd like some sincere honesty
To tell me or not who's in the fray

Around here, the worlds all in grey
Around here, I never find myself to be able to say
That around here, I can rest my head and
Say at least not too often that
"I'm on my way, I'm on my way, I'm on my way"

No comments:

Post a Comment